Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Flipped Classroom



This flipped lesson focus on the family. The student learn the family members that compose immediate families. I used the cartoon family of the Jetsons and used each character to represent the members of the family. I also showed the relationship between the member, for example Jane and George Jetson are the parents of Elroy and Judy Jetson. I think that this is a great lesson for them to learn at home since I speak at a very slow pace which they can understand, they have images to help with the understanding and towards the end, they get the definitions of the vocabulary learned. In the end, I think this is a very effective lesson.

What they would do following this lesson is create their own family tree and explain the members of their immediate family members. As mentioned in the video, they will be creating this tree focused on their immediate family members and the relationships between the members. The extended family is a part of the unit that they will be learning later on to then extend their family trees a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment